Saturday, February 20, 2010

quickies in five...



Usually I do these quick sketches on the busrides home after meeting with my friends for a late supper using a Monami brush pen. I try to draw whatever I can in five minutes or less, mainly for the fact that the unsuspecting models may alight anytime or change their positions or even spot me eye-ing them from a corner. I got caught once and the "model's" brother told her to move and seat beside me instead. (Right-click to view larger image.)


I try my best not to fall asleep during the long trainrides from school to home because I usually like to enjoy the window view and avoid drooling on my bag. One main technique I've picked up from local illustrators (OIC) is to sketch people on the train. It's fun because you get to stylize people's faces and stuff, and it's a great challenge trying to do so in under five to ten minutes.
there are other few I've compiled in here that are sketches of my friends from church. I tend to get a little daydreamy during group sharings so I focus by drawing abit in my sketchbook
Once again I use the Monami brush pen. (Right-click to view larger image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment