Thursday, February 18, 2010

FYP1- Comics Creation

For my first fyp my team and I were given the opportunity to create a short comic book. Our leader based it on the theme of the local school event Be Yourself Day, and concepted three main protagonists with three very different personalities to come together over an incident involving Be Yourself Day. My role in the team was the comic artist, and I used mainly brush pen and ink to draw out and conceptualise the characters and the layout of the comic.
Using a stikfas figure as my guide, I sketch out perspective drawings and figure gestures. One of the most valuable lessons I learned in the Final Year Project was that no matter what you have, always sketch out a thumbnail of anything that you are not confident of for reference.
final page layout for the scene where one of the three main protagonist, a shy schoolboy with a stuttering problem, gets cornered by the bullies of the school and gets humiliated. I used pen nibs bought from straits commercial art store @ bugis and black chinese ink bought from daiso.
Final coloured comic page with text done by the colourist and editorial members, alvin wong, kim tan and abigail samuel. it's fun to see your black & white comic being interpreted and brought to life by the individual members' creativeness and imagination.

some character developments of students in the school. using brush pen and black ink, it was all about using rather basic shapes and adding on features to bring out different personalities.

character development for the faculty staff of the school. same concept used for the students, but this time I decided to add abit more character to their dressings and shape to bring out a sort of vibe from each staff member.

No comments:

Post a Comment